From small productions to Hollywood blockbusters, substantial liability claims can arise for video, film and television producers. Even where you have ensured that all necessary clearances have been obtained you never know what will happen. Video Film and Television Producers Professional Liability insurance provides you with the peace of mind you need.
What Errors & Omissions insurance does is indemnify producers from lawsuits that may arise from the content of a production, including lawsuits alleging:
- Invasion of privacy
- Unauthorized use of titles
- Failure to obtain appropriate rights for music and film clips
- Improper handling of unsolicited scripts
- Unfair competition
- Professional errors in judgment
- Infringement of copyright
- Breach of contract
- Libel or slander
- Unauthorized copying of ideas
This coverage will usually be required by a distributor, broadcaster or financier prior to the release of any theatrical or television production. Production financing will usually not flow until E&O coverage is in force. Contact John Hart today.