Thursday, June 26, 2014

What Does Property Insurance Cover?

Entertainment Property Insurance

John Hart Insurance has provided all facets of the entertainment industry with highly specialized insurance coverage and service. Whether it's for crew, talent, props, equipment, or intellectual property, our experts can satisfy your unique insurance needs.

Most of our entertainment clients purchase property insurance. There is a variety is coverage options depending on your individual needs.
Types of Industries we insure
  •      Commercial films
  •          Music videos
  •          Musicians
  •          Concert promoters
  •          Entertainers and performers
  •          Performance venues
  •          Commercials, documentaries, industrial & educational training films
  •          Commercial films
  •          Music videos
  •          Musicians
  •          Broadway productions
  •          Rental houses
  •          Concert promoters
  •          Entertainers and performers
  •          Performance venues
  •          Commercials, documentaries, industrial & educational training films

What are the kinds of property coverage needed in the entertainment industry?
  •          Property in transit and temporary locations
  •          Insurance for buildings and office equipment
  •          Property for special props and sets
  •          Specialized insurance for cameras
  •          Intangible coverage: Includes patents, scripts, copyrights and trademarks
  •          Computer virus protection: Covers the loss of data and business through computer viruses
  •          Crime and employee dishonesty
  •          Business income and extra expense
  •          Boiler and machinery coverage

We can examine your current policies to see if you have the coverage you need. Just request an insurance review. An experienced agent will meet with you to go over your policies and explain any details you might not be sure about. As an independent commercial insurance agency we work with a variety of insurers who may be able to provide a quote for your property coverage that could save you money as well.

Thursday, June 12, 2014

Common Claims for the Entertainment Industry

The staff at John Hart Insurance has over 60 years combined experience in the field of entertainment insurance.  We focus exclusively on understanding the unique needs of motion picture, television, video, music, and theatrical companies.  This knowledge base allows us to structure an insurance program specifically for each client that will be a balance of the best coverage and most economical solutions to help the client manage the risks inherent to their unique businesses.

Common Entertainment Industry Claims

  •             A production company was contracted to complete a film with certain time and budget constraints. The production came in 30% over budget and 120 days late. The production company was sued for failure to perform per the contract terms.
  •             An event planner scheduled a concert with an international performer. The event was planned and scheduled, with over 5,000 tickets sold. The performer got sick two days before the event and had to cancel. The event planner had Event Cancelation Insurance and had the resources to settle all claims and reschedule the event for a later date.
  •             A production company had $200,000 worth of equipment damaged on set by a sudden wind and hail storm. Insurance provided full recovery.
  •            A post production firm was contracted to produce 20,000 DVD’s for the Christmas season. Due to production issues the firm missed the release time and the owners of the DVD sued the firm for lost revenue.

We can help you design an insurance product that meets your individual needs, Call us today!