Business owners go to great lengths to provide a safe working environment for their employees. However, when dealing with humans, accidents can happen, and Workers’ Compensation Insurance can help. Workers Compensation Insurance should be an important part of every risk management program.
What Is Workers’ Compensation?
Workers' compensation insurance is insurance that provides lost income, medical benefits, disability benefits, and rehabilitative services for workers injured on the job or while performing work-related duties.
Why Your Business Needs Workers’ Compensation Insurance
When an employee gets hurt on the job or has a work-related illness, only workers’ compensation will cover them. Health insurance benefits will not provide coverage for on-the-job injuries.
What Is the Best Way to Keep Costs Down?
· Provide training for hazardous work, especially for new or inexperienced workers.
· Enforce safety rules and practices.
· Enforce drug and alcohol rules.
· Require safety equipment to be worn at all times.
· Keep work areas clean.
· Workers should not wear loose clothing or jewelry around machinery.
· Where required, workers must wear protective equipment such as goggles, safety glasses, masks, gloves, hairnets, etc. appropriate to the task.
· Safety equipment such as restraints, pullbacks, and two-hand devices are designed for worker’s protection. Be sure such equipment is adjusted for each worker.
· Do not ever remove machine safety guards.
· Develop a system for reporting unsafe practices.
· Have monthly safety meetings that review safety issues and related topics.
· Create accident investigation procedures that focus on prevention and change.
The staff at John Hart Insurance has over 60 years combined experience in the field of entertainment insurance. We focus exclusively on understanding the unique needs of motion picture, television, video, music and theatrical companies. This knowledge base allows us to structure an insurance program specifically for each client that will be a balance of the best coverage and most economical solutions to help them manage the risks inherent to their unique businesses.