Tuesday, January 30, 2018

What Kind Of Insurance You Need To Shoot A Production Short

Every day in Los Angles there are literally dozens of production companies shooting, commercials, training films, full length motion pictures and documentaries. All these activities bring with them unique risks that should be insured. And when it comes to entertainment insurance, John hart Insurance has the solutions.

Here is a short overview of what you might consider:
·         Rented Equipment
·         Owned Equipment
·         Cast Coverage
·         Props, Sets and Wardrobe
·         Negative & Faulty Stock
·         Third Party Property Damage
·         Extra Expense
·         General Liability
·         Automobile Liability and Physical Damage
·         Workers Compensation

Once a film, television pilot, commercial, or documentary is finished, the next step is normally distribution. Most distributors will require the production company obtain an Errors and Omissions policy on the production. If you are a distributor, you should always carry your own E&O policy, in addition to requiring each of the productions you distribute to be covered. When purchasing your insurance policies, it is once again important to remember that the amount of coverage you purchase is wholly dependent upon the type of project you’re working on.

The staff at John Hart Insurance has over 60 years combined experience in the field of entertainment insurance.  We focus exclusively on understanding the unique needs of motion picture, television, video, music and theatrical companies.  This knowledge base allows us to structure an insurance program specifically for each client that will be a balance of the best coverage and most.

No comments:

Post a Comment