Most entertainment business owns business property, and may also own the building in which you run your operations. Entertainment property insurance protects the physical assets of your business, such as computers, office equipment, cameras, film, buildings, furniture, fixtures, and other property.
Every business should have a comprehensive property insurance portfolio to respond to the many risks associated with property ownership. Property policies offer many unique kinds of coverage, some of which we have highlighted:
- Building Coverage - allows you to quickly rebuild or repair buildings or other property damaged by fire, theft, natural disaster or other events, allowing you to return to normal operations.
- Business Personal Property Coverage - covers costs to replace the contents in your building if they are stolen or destroyed by a covered unforeseen event.
- Business Income Coverage - provides for continued income or lost revenues while the building and its contents are being rebuilt and replaced. Business income helps you to cover operating and normal payroll expenses needed to keep an organization operating after a loss, usually for a specific time period.
- Production Equipment – Covers your cameras, and other production equipment.
- Building Ordinance Coverage - covers the increased cost to comply with building codes, ordinances or laws that have changed after your building was originally constructed. For example, under revised building codes you may now be required to install sprinklers which would increase the value of construction.
- Outdoor Signs and Property Coverage - covers costs to replace outdoor fences, signs, trees, shrubs or plants.
- Equipment Breakdown Coverage - covers loss due to failure or breakdown of equipment such as boilers, heating systems, and electrical equipment.
- Computer Coverage - covers costs to replace or repair damaged hardware, software, data or media vital to your operations.
- Earthquake Coverage - provides insurance to repair or replace damaged equipment and/or buildings resulting from an earthquake. Earthquake coverage is typically excluded under most property policies.
The staff at John Hart Insurance has over 60 years combined experience in the field of entertainment insurance. We focus exclusively on understanding the unique needs of motion picture, television, video, music and theatrical companies. This knowledge base allows us to structure an insurance program specifically for each client that will be a balance of the best coverage and most economical solutions to help them manage the risks inherent to their unique businesses.